Wednesday 18 July 2012

Faux Tile Effect with Distressing Markers

Goodness me im so late today
so what have i been playing with
the new Sheena Douglass Stamps that are Launched today
Tim Holts Distressing Markers and Embossing powders

P1050166
I used water colour paper ,centrua pearl  and core-dination from
if you would like to try making a Faux  Tile Effect
draw a grid in pencil on  your water colour card fill in with 3 colours from same colour family
i used  mustard seed spiced marmalade and barn door
colour in your blocks  then spritz with water   so that your colours start to bend
when it’s nearly dry go over your lines with fine tip in forest moss
it will bleed slightly  but that gives you some depth then leave it to dry completely
i over stamped using Sheena’s Silhouette of the highland in  versa fine  watermark ink pad with  a white glitter embossing powder
matted onto core-dination card  onto a 8x8 centrua pearl card blank added a few crystal dew drops
have ago its great fun
thank you for popping by
hugs linda xxx

4 comments:

Sue said...

This is absolutely stunning, I really love the design and the colours are wonderful


Sue

Marianne said...

This is stunning Linda. Must try this myself, sounds like fun!

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card and great technique

Kelly said...

Linda, I absolutely missed your blog during my absence! I love the scrapbooking techniques you share and am grateful that you recommended Sheena Douglass. I adore the styles she uses and your blog is a total inspiration to me! Thank you so much for sharing!